Thursday, June 05, 2014

#Jazz #Sax - Some of the best resources on the Web

Looking back at previous posts it's been quite a while since I updated links to resource sites for both Saxophone and Jazz. Here are some of the best that I know of at the moment.

www.jazzadvice.com

I love this site and it follows a kind of thinking that I try to apply here. Good old fashioned advice on topics that concern practicing musicians, by musicians themselves. There is so much good stuff here.

www.davidvaldez.blogspot.in/

Still the best Jazz blog around in my opinion. Updated regularly it's got articles on pretty much anything in Jazz. This blog is geared more to advanced players.

www.bestsaxophonewebsiteever.com/

Yes it probably is. A dream come true for saxophone players. Articles on anything sax related by a multitude of great players and teachers.

www.saxontheweb.net/

Founded by Harri Rautianen this has been THE leading resource for saxophone for a long time. It has the worlds largest and best discussion forum.

www.charlesmcneal.com/

Solo transcriptions, pdf books. It's all there. Updated recently there is alot of good material here.

www.learnjazzstandards.com/

I only came across this recently and I prefer it to it's similarly named counterpart. Pick a standard. Play along with the backing track. Watch the greats play the same tune on Youtube. I can't believe it's all in one place.

No comments: