Most users of modern devices have probably come across this app by now. It's like the old real book that you used to be able to buy under the counter - but way better.
Not only do you have literally thousands of charts available online, they can be downloaded in an instant, saved for offline use on the road. Furthermore they can be transposed and used as a practice tool BIAB style.
So what's good and what's not?
- thousands of charts in all styles available through the forum. Blues, Pop and Rock becoming more available as more people use.
- when your in time trouble and need charts fast there is nothing better.
- transposing is very easy.
- the app can act as a traveling play-along tool.
- easy to create playlists for gigs. Have all your songs in one place.
- many of the charts are wrong. Time saved transcribing is lost correcting errors. This is not the fault of the app. You rely on work done by others and naturally there will be mistakes.
- as yet, the play along feature is weak. If you enjoy practicing with such things BIAB is much better. There are lots of styles to choose from but it's a little stiff.
- melodies are not shown in the score. This is a big disadvantage for me. Especially when it's a new tune, the melody is really needed.
- click back on an Android tablet and it exits! Hard to get used to that.
- you spend less time getting better at transcribing songs!!
On the whole this is a superb application. It has already saved me countless hours and I love having all my charts in one place. Furthermore it's updated regularly so I can only see it getting better. I hope that sometime there will be the possibility to see the melody on the chart but for now this is a wonderful tool.